Funeral Services Practice
Course Objectives :
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders in a funeral business.
- Present and demonstrate funeral services and products to customers to meet their needs.
- Deal with Customers in different situations including handling complaints.
- Prepare and clean human remains for different routine requirements.
- Exhume human remains on request.
- Comply with housekeeping and merchandising requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic health and safety practices when working with human remains.
- Assist with the preparation, transportation and conducting of funeral ceremonies.
- Comply with all legal and ethical issues pertaining to the funeral services industry.
SUBJECTS / LEARNING AREAS :
- Customer Care.
- Organizational Ethics.
- Presenting funeral provision options to individual.
- Administrative procedures in a funeral business.
- Participating in conducting funeral ceremonies.
- Preparing and cleaning human remains for storage.
- Preparing the funeral site for burial, cremation or memorial services.
- Preparing and cleaning human remains for visitations.
- Transporting human remains, the bereaved and materials and equipment.